Can I get a refund?
Unfortunately, due to preordering of materials, we do not offer refunds or bib transfers.
When can I pick up my race packet?
Early packet pick up is Friday, June 16th from 4:30-6:30pm at JOURNEYS. Day of packet pick up begins at 6:30am.
Where does the race start?
The race starts and ends at the Palatine Towne Square.
Who does this event benefit?
Proceeds from the Superhero 5K support the programs and services of JOURNEYS | The Road Home.
What does JOURNEYS | The Road Home do?
We have three principal goals:
1. Get people off the streets and into permanent housing
2. Keep people at risk of losing their homes in permanent housing
3. Help those in need keep their jobs, find employment, or get the unemployment insurance benefits they qualify for
Who do we help?
70% Clients are Homeless (656)
30% Clients are At-Risk of Becoming Homeless (288)
20% are Children (194)
33% are Women (315)
46% are Men (436)
40% are Families with Children
• On average, the HOPE Center moves 2 households per week from homelessness to permanent housing
• By providing food, clothing and vocational and mental health counseling, the HOPE Center prevents 10-11 individuals per week from losing their homes
• In an average month, the case managers help 2 individuals find employment, keep employment or get the unemployment insurance benefits they qualify for
• Between the PADS Program and the HOPE Center, JOURNEYS serves over 200 meals per day